In order to achieve its objectives, the PAAA performs the following functions:
• Conduct training, needs assessment.
• Develop an annual training plan for its human and physical resources and report progress of plan to the Auditor-General at a pre-determined interval.
• Deliver training program in the following areas:
o Specialized Training Program for Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service Probationers - BPS-17
o Computer courses for secretarial staff.
o Short courses in accounting, auditing, management and computer applications, for officers in BPS-16 to BPS-21 on the following occasions:
• Changes in work methods;
• Maintenance of standards;
• Changes in equipment;
• Maintenance of capabilities;
• Changes in work codes, legislation or standards; and
• Special limited time executive assignments.
• Cooperate with other national or international training institutions and professional bodies for achieving its overall mission.
• Train and develop its teaching faculty in the modern teaching techniques and methodology and provide them with satisfactory work environment suitable for a training institution.
Pakistan Audit & Accounts Academy (PAAA) Lahore, which is headed by a Rector (BS-21), acts as the Head Quarter for all the four regional academies at Islamabad, Karachi, Peshawar and Quetta. A Director (BS-19) heads each of the regional training academies except at Peshawar where a Deputy Director (BS-18) heads the regional academy.