Continuous Professional Development
Basic Functions & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Annual Training Plan (ATP)
- Organizing Training Sessions as per ATP
- Organizing short courses requested on a particular topic by AGP Office, Field Offices and Other Government Establishments
- To assess the training needs of Field Offices
- Collaboration with other academies/institutions
- Coordination with all the Regional Academies working under administrative control of PAAA, Lahore
- Announcement of course three weeks prior commencement.
- To invite all the Field Offices through:
- Phone calls
- Hiring experienced and knowledgeable resource persons
- Taking care of infrastructure, electronic aids and other accessories
- Providing comfortable surroundings and sitting arrangements
- Course contents are designed and developed by CD&MDU Wing of PAAA, Lahore.
- Upcoming and latest courses are designed by the Officers trained abroad.
- Course contents are provided to the resource persons.
- After course completion, course material is e-mailed to the participants as well.
- 113 Newly Recruited Senior Auditors of various Field Audit Offices were trained by the SC wing.
- The SC wing not only met the target of Planned Courses but also conducted additional courses as Demanded by various offices/departments.
- The SC wing has successfully conducted 03 Workshops on “Quality Assurance & Use of Suitable Titles for Audit Paras” for BS-19 & 20 Officers at PAAA, Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.
- The SC wing has successfully conducted 03 Workshops on “Report Writing” for BS-19 & 20 Officers at PAAA, Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.
- A 03-Days workshop on “Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Legislations Policies and Practices” is being arranged for Senior PA & AS Officers.
- Consequent upon acceptance of requisition of Controller General of Accounts the courses are being arranged for newly recruited Senior Auditors of various accounts offices.
CALENDAR OF COURSES FOR THE YEAR 2021-22
|Sr. #||Courses on||Duration in Days|
|1||Training workshop on Thematic Audit (CPD Mandatory, Topic to be Short Listed)||03|
|2||New Accounting Model (NAM) (CPD-Mandatory) [with focus on Accrual Based Accounting]||03|
|3||Audit of Internal Controls–Preparatory course on CIA (CPD Mandatory)||05|
|4||Training Workshop on Thematic Audit (CPD Mandatory, Topic to be Short Listed)||03|
|5||Audit Cycle / Certification Audit / FAM /Working Paper Kit (CPD Mandatory)||05|
|6||Rules of Business (ROB) (CPD Mandatory)||03|
|7||Audit of Inventory Control and Stock Management||03|
|8||Training Workshop on Thematic Audit (CPD Mandatory, Topic to be Short Listed)||03|
|9||Understanding of Public Financial Management at Federal & Provincial Level & Strategic Level Understanding Fiscal and Monetary Policy (CPD Mandatory)||04|
|10||Analysis of Financial Statement of Companies (CPD Mandatory)||03|
|11||DDO Training and Budget Preparation / Audit of Assignment Accounts & Special Drawing Accounts (SDAs)||05|
|12||Official Correspondence & Report Writing, Presentation & Communication Skills||03|
|13||PAC Briefs in Urdu with In page typing||05|
|14||Quality Management Framework (QMF) (CPD Mandatory)||03|
|15||Audit Of Works||03|
|16||Training workshop on Thematic Audit (CPD Mandatory, Topic to be Short Listed)||03|
|17||Leadership & Management Skills (CPD Mandatory) [Decision making, Negotiation and Conflict Management, Leadership Skills and Code of Ethics (ISSAI) ]||05|
|18||Procurement Under PPRA Rules, 2004||03|
|19||Audit of Fraud & Corruption / Forensic Audit (CPD Mandatory)||05|
|20||Understanding of CPEC Power Sector Reviews/ NEPRA Tariff Determination/ Commercial Procedures of DISCOs/ Audit of Subsidies||05|
|21||Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) (CPD Mandatory)||05|
|22||Managing Work for DAC (CPD Mandatory)||02|
|24||Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) (Module 1 to 7) (CPD Mandatory)||10|
|Holy Month of Ramadan||No Course scheduled|
|25||Audit of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (CPD Mandatory)||3|
|26||Project Auditing & Foreign Aided Projects (CPD Mandatory)||3|
|Preparation of Annual Training Plan 2022-23|