Continuous Professional Development
Basic Functions & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Annual Training Plan (ATP)
- Organizing Training Sessions as per ATP
- Organizing short courses requested on a particular topic by AGP Office, Field Offices and Other Government Establishments
- To assess the training needs of Field Offices
- Collaboration with other academies/institutions
- Coordination with all the Regional Academies working under administrative control of PAAA, Lahore
- Announcement of course three weeks prior commencement.
- To invite all the Field Offices through:
- Phone calls
- Hiring experienced and knowledgeable resource persons
- Taking care of infrastructure, electronic aids and other accessories
- Providing comfortable surroundings and sitting arrangements
- Course contents are designed and developed by CD&MDU Wing of PAAA, Lahore.
- Upcoming and latest courses are designed by the Officers trained abroad.
- Course contents are provided to the resource persons.
- After course completion, course material is e-mailed to the participants as well.
- 113 Newly Recruited Senior Auditors of various Field Audit Offices
were trained by the SC wing.
- The SC wing not only met the target of Planned Courses but also conducted additional courses as Demanded by various offices/departments.
- The SC wing has successfully conducted 03 Workshops on “Quality Assurance & Use of Suitable Titles for Audit Paras” for BS-19 & 20 Officers at PAAA, Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.
- The SC wing has successfully conducted 03 Workshops on “Report Writing” for BS-19 & 20 Officers at PAAA, Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.
- A 03-Days workshop on “Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Legislations Policies and Practices” is being arranged for Senior PA & AS Officers.
- Consequent upon acceptance of requisition of Controller General of Accounts the courses are being arranged for newly recruited Senior Auditors of various accounts offices.
CALENDAR OF COURSES FOR THE YEAR 2023-24
|Sr. #||Courses on||Duration||Start Date||End Date|
|1||Preparation of Appropriation Accounts (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days||10-Jul||12-Jul|
|2||Workshop on Leadership Skills (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days||17-Jul||18-Jul|
|3||Public Debt Management (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||19-Jul||20-Jul|
|4||New Accounting Model (NAM)||2 Days||24-Jul||25-Jul|
|5||Audit of Contract Management of Mega Projects|
|6||Budgeting under MTBF/ Budgetary Process along with linkage||2 Days||16-Aug||17-Aug|
|7||DDO Training||3 Days||22-Aug||24-Aug|
|8||Understanding of Public Financial Management (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||29-Aug||30-Aug|
|9||Post Budget Seminar Finance Bill 2023-24||2 Days||5-Sep||6-Sep|
|10||Understanding Artificial Intelligence and its uses in Private and Public Sector||2 Days||12-Sep||13-Sep|
|11||Official Correspondence & Report Writing||3 Days||19-Sep||21-Sep|
|12||Audit of Procurement / PPRA Rules (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||10-Oct||11-Oct|
|13||CIA- Preparatory Course||4 Days||17-Oct||20-Oct|
|14||Managing Work for DAC & PAC (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||25-Oct||26-Oct|
|15||Cyber Space Security in Public Sector||2 Days||30-Oct||31-Oct|
|16||Preparation & Analysis of Financial Statements (Govt. & PSE) (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days||13-Nov||15-Nov|
|17||Code of Ethics (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||21-Nov||22-Nov|
|18||Audit of Quality Management Framework (AQMF)||2 Days||29-Nov||30-Nov|
|19||Forensic Audit (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||5-Dec||6-Dec|
|20||E & D Rules||2 Days||18-Dec||19-Dec|
|21||Stress Management (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||21-Dec||22-Dec|
|22||Audit of Fraud & Corruption (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days||4-Jan||6-Jan|
|23||Audit of Climate Change / Disaster Preparedness Strategies (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days||10-Jan||20-Jan|
|24||Audit of Sustainable Development Goals (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||16-Jan||17-Jan|
|25||Pension Audit||2 Days||23-Jan||24-Jan|
|26||Diary Maintenance & Weeding out Procedure||2 Days||6-Feb||7-Feb|
|27||Managing an Inclusive workplace (Gender/Special people etc.) (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||13-Feb||14-Feb|
|28||FAM / Audit Planning||2 Days||20-Feb||21-Feb|
|29||Audit of Subsidies||2 Days||27-Feb||28-Feb|
|30||Managing Work for DAC (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||4-Mar||5-Mar|
|31||Pension Audit||2 Days||7-Mar||8-Mar|
|32||Course on Public Financial Management and Accounting Techniques||2 Days||26-Mar||27-Mar|
|33||Audit of Receipts||2 Days||22-Apr||23-Apr|
|34||International Competitive Bidding (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||29-Apr||30-Apr|
|35||Audit of Foreign Aided Projects / Project Auditing (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days||7-May||8-May|
|36||Evaluation of Internal Controls||2 Days||14-May||15-May|
|37||Citizen Participatory Audit||2 Days||28-May||29-May|
|Preparation of Annual Training Plan 2024-25|