Continuous Professional Development
Basic Functions & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Annual Training Plan (ATP)
- Organizing Training Sessions as per ATP
- Organizing short courses requested on a particular topic by AGP Office, Field Offices and Other Government Establishments
- To assess the training needs of Field Offices
- Collaboration with other academies/institutions
- Coordination with all the Regional Academies working under administrative control of PAAA, Lahore
- Announcement of course three weeks prior commencement.
- To invite all the Field Offices through:
- Phone calls
- Hiring experienced and knowledgeable resource persons
- Taking care of infrastructure, electronic aids and other accessories
- Providing comfortable surroundings and sitting arrangements
- Course contents are designed and developed by CD&MDU Wing of PAAA, Lahore.
- Upcoming and latest courses are designed by the Officers trained abroad.
- Course contents are provided to the resource persons.
- After course completion, course material is e-mailed to the participants as well.
- 113 Newly Recruited Senior Auditors of various Field Audit Offices were trained by the SC wing.
- The SC wing not only met the target of Planned Courses but also conducted additional courses as Demanded by various offices/departments.
- The SC wing has successfully conducted 03 Workshops on “Quality Assurance & Use of Suitable Titles for Audit Paras” for BS-19 & 20 Officers at PAAA, Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.
- The SC wing has successfully conducted 03 Workshops on “Report Writing” for BS-19 & 20 Officers at PAAA, Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.
- A 03-Days workshop on “Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Legislations Policies and Practices” is being arranged for Senior PA & AS Officers.
- Consequent upon acceptance of requisition of Controller General of Accounts the courses are being arranged for newly recruited Senior Auditors of various accounts offices.
CALENDAR OF COURSES FOR THE YEAR 2020-21
|Sr. #||Courses on||Duration|
|1||Negotiation and Conflict Management (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|2||New Accounting Model (NAM) (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|3||Evaluation of Internal Controls (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|4||Decision Making (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days|
|5||Strategic Level Understanding Fiscal and Monetary Policy (CPD Mandatory)||5 Days|
|6||Rules of Business (ROB) (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days|
|7||Official Correspondence & Report Writing||3 Days|
|8||Audit Planning (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days *|
|9||Public Debt Management (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|10||Assignment Accounts & Special Drawing Accounts (SDAs)||2 Days|
|11||Workshop on Leadership Skills (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days|
|12||Understanding of Public Financial Management at Federal & Provincial Level (CPD Mandatory)||5 Days|
|13||Quality Management Framework (QMF) (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|14||Audit Of Works||3 Days|
|15||Professional Ethics (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days|
|16||ISSAIs (Performance/Regulatory Audit) (CPD Mandatory)||4 Days (Instead of 05 Days)|
|17||Certification Audit / FAM / Working Paper Kit||3 Days|
|18||Project Auditing (CPD Mandatory)||4 Days|
|19||Analysis of Financial Statement (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|20||Audit of Receipts & Taxes||4 Days|
|21||Forensic Audit & Accounting (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|22||Preparation of Financial Statements (Govt.) (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|23||Procurement Under PPRA Rules, 2004||3 Days|
|24||Code of Ethics (ISSAI) (CPD Mandatory)||2 Days|
|25||Managing Work for DAC (CPD Mandatory)||5 Days|
|26||Pension Audit||2 Days|
|27||Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) (Module 1 to 7) (CPD Mandatory)||10 Days|
|28||Foreign Aided Projects (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|29||Accrual Based Accounting||2 Days|
|30||Audit of Contract Management Especially Mega Projects (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|31||Audit of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|32||Preparation of Appropriation Accounts (CPD Mandatory)||3 Days|
|33||Audit of Petroleum Sector||3 Days|
|34||Presentation & Communication Skills||3 Days|
|35||Anti-Money Laundering Initiatives||3 Days|